Skip to main content

Karate - sport or passion?

Sport is following people from the former centuries. Already , who want to develop both in ancient Rome the Olympics were been organised in order to people could work out in some disciplines. Nowadays extreme sports are very popular. It is a fairly recent category of sport. They contain an element of danger and are usually done by adults, who want to rest their limits of fear and physical ability. However there are peopletheir brawn, and the balance of mind simultaneously. They are choosing martial arts, for example karate.




Karate was born in distant centuries (the first historical records are taking note of the forming of systems of the fight for times c 2500r. BC) and developed in the Ryukyu Islands (Okinawa) in Japan. At the first karate was known only few. Royal guards learnt techniques of the defence in the secret. Even in the Japanese family secret knowledge about karate could receive only elder son.



Gichin Funakoshi - The creator of Shotokan karate, one of the most known style of karate and is attributed as being the 'father of modern karate.'

Karate is a striking art using punching, kicking, knee and elbow strikes, and open-handed techniques such as knife-hands. This trainings are consist of the kihon (basics or fundamentals), kata (forms), and kumite (sparring).

















Karate can be practiced as an art, as a sport, as a combat sport or as self defense training. However it is also lifestyle, way to spend free time and passion for many people. Thanks to karate people can achieve the harmony of the spirit, to know better their body and possibilities. Thanks to trainings people are gaining big resistance to stress and the greater self-assurance, which is indispensable in the life.


Karate is a passion for many people, it is one of the ways in their life - fulfilment. It is regarding both men, and women.




Marta Niewczas is a Master at world in traditional karate. She have a lot of medals and distinction for activity in sports organizations. In 2011 year she won the IV place Cup of World Gdynia. She has also a lot of awards on her scorecard for representing her city, for example ,,The w inner of the award of the marshal of the podkarpacki province in the category sport”. Apart from active trainings, Ms Marta is also a karate trainer. She is cooperating with children, youth, as well as with
adults and she implant in them hers passion.



She often say: ,,It isn’t possible to focus all attention on the power. You must concentrate on oneself, on every fragment of your body. Karate is for you, but you must put into it much energy and the sacrifice. Thanks to hard work you will reach your destination. You will become master not for other, but for oneself - it it the biggest award for someone, who training karate.”








Marta Niewczas gave back hers heart to karate, but she have never regreted it. ,, Karate isn't sport - it is passion, it is all my life!”

Bibliography:
- http://www.niewczas.com/index.php
- Jerzy Miłkowski, ,,Encyklopedia sztuk walki”, Wydawnictwo Algo, Toruń 2008

- Piotr Szeligowski, ,,Tradycyjne Karate Kyokushin", Wydawnictwo Aha, Łódź 2009
- History of Okinawan Karate
- C:\Users\Marlena\Desktop\Bassai Dai Kyokushin kata - YouTube.mht












Comments

  1. For several years I trained karate itself. To me this is a perfect form of motion, which triggers our body and allows for moments of relaxation. Traditional training can enliven all muscle groups and is therefore an excellent alternative for people with sedentary jobs. Karate is not so acute a form of combat such as boxing, and is therefore also recommended for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karate can be both: sport and a passion. It helps you to train your body and your soul because you have to be strong and concentrated. I have never trained it but I regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that karate can be both: sport and passion. Some people can practise is for sport, for self-protecion but also because it is hobby and passion. I don't have any experience with karate but maybe sometime I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From my point of view karate are great sport and opportunity for some knowledge about values system from orient people for us. But as many other thinks can be used in good or bad way. For example one of my buddy from Elblag from more than ten years was training karate. When I spotted him on Saturday night he always took part in fights in clubs. My girlfriend training karate almost 8 years and she also take a part in many girls fight (she end this when other girl smashed a mug on her head, luckily without doing large harm to her). From my perspective not everybody psyche is suitable to teach martial arts, is not about to rely on it in dealings with other…

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never practiced karate and I don't think I can ever try. But I think that it can be a passion. If somebody is interesting in sports, karate can be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. karate can become a passion like any other sport or interest ... I had no contact ever with this but I appreciate ... for some time, I trained krav maga, more violent self-defense .. So I think having such a comparison that should somehow be able to defend ... and in addition unload negative emotions:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately I'm totally not interested in karate. I think if someone exercise karate everyday it has to be his passion. If somebody trains karate he definitely is in good physical and mental form.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly i never think to try this sport so I don't have any experience on it.. so also any constructive opinion, but maybe sometime I will change my mind and I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never trained karate and probably not going to because they never interested me this type of sports. I think this is a sport that can be the most passionate people who are training it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Marlena said in her presentation. Karate as a martial art was practiced for a long time. In the 2nd half of 20th century coaching or sport related to the fight has become popular. Each sport may like how he trains. And if he really likes it, why can not become his passion? I think that this karate is sport or passion depends on the man himself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that karate is both a sport and passion. For many people, karate is a pastime, an escape from reality. This sport or martial art requires great commitment, dedication and work on his own body. I'm not interested in karate, but I admire people who train the sport, because it isn't easy discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My adventure with karate began when I was fourteen years old. It was something special for me. I fell in love with these martial arts and I knew, that I wouldn't resign from it. Unfortunately I had to stop my trainings for reasons of problems with my spine. In this time I can training again and it is one of the most pleasant activities in my schedule. Karate is my passion, it is my form of expressing oneself. It is bonzer!!! I recommend everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a friend for who Karate is all of his life too. He says that it is kind of relax and time when you can be full concetrated. He won a lot of prizes and he is very proud of them because he put huge effort to be better. It is hard work, like in other activities, so I think this is sport and for masters of Karate it is passion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must admit that this semester I signed up for Karate and this is form me good way to loose some kilo. I did not think it is so comprehensive. However, some impacts are so painful that I'm not planing to continue learning karate :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every little boy must have dreamed of being one of these Masters of Karate after watching movies with eg. Jet Li. Personally, I have never practiced Karate in my life, but a know some people who did and they say that it is very passionate sport. People practicing Karate spend whole life getting better and better. I will always admire them for their stubbornness in the pursuit of perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Karate must be amazing sport but i didn't have chance to try it. Every film with Karate in it is very passionating and I always think how many years this guys in movie must train to show this amazing thinks. I'm training sword fight and even to my fast learning manual thinks, it takes so long to make a good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It must be the passion. My younger brother is training karate and every workout is like a festivity for him. Personally, I don't understand how people can be fascinated by any martial art, it is hurting the other ... But for some it's a huge fascination and art :) I respect it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single-sex education

A little bit of history Single-sex education was traditional and dominating form of education till 19th century. Almost all schools and universities were single sex, which in almost all cases meant – men’s schools. This situation started to change because of two reasons: emancipation of women (fight for equality) and introduction of massive education. The first mixed-sex boarding school in UK was formed in 1818, it was Scottish Dollar Academy, and in 1878 the first university- University College London, allowed women  to enter on equal terms with men. What is interesting, the first Cambridge collage, which admit men and women was founded only on  1964. Pros and cons The topic of single-sex education is quite controversial. Like always there are pros and cons, some of them are quite irrational, other have a scientific background. The most popular arguments for single-sex education: 1. Boys and girls are learning in the different way, so they need different progr
THE MOST TRUSTED  PROFESSIONS Many people say that their job is important for our society, but is it a trustworthy profession? A market research institute asked people about trustworthy professions. Here you will find its results. The Top Five Most Trusted Professions 1. Firefighters A 2009 poll conducted by market research institute GfK found that firefighters ranked as the most trusted profession in Europe and the United States with 92 percent of respondents fining them trustworthy. Perhaps it’s all in the job description—being required to step into the face of danger every time you head out for an assignment is not just admirable, it’s downright heroic. 2. Teachers In the same GfK poll that lauded firefighters, teachers ranked second with 83 percent. It’s a good sign considering that the people responsible for crafting the minds of our children are deemed trustworthy. “I think every teacher recognizes that they are part of a trusted profession—that parents

Does money spoil people?

Does money spoil people? There is a saying that ‘money spoils people’, which means that people who become rich also start being rude and nasty. Is this true or not? I do not like categorize people, all stories are different. Probably everyone knows someone who is rich and nice person, and someone who is wealthy and horrible…What can determine behaviour of these people? copyright:http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/money.jpg 1 .     First of all how they got their money. Some people are rich because they won the lottery and some of them because they are genius who made a discovery of new, brilliant solution. There are also ones who are rich because they inherit all wealth from their ancestors… It is not a rule, but I think that people who work hard for everything what they have are more stable and realistic than ones, who don’t need to do anything because they got everything for free (without dedication or hard work). They won’t probably understand