Skip to main content

Childhood cartoons

I'm sure we all watched cartoons when we were kids. When I was little I loved to watch them. Every day I waited for 7pm, when were the best cartoons on television. Below are my favorites, to which I have sentiment and I still like to watch them.

The Smurfs is about colony of small blue creatures that live in mushroom-shaped houses in the forest. There are more than one hundred Smurfs, whose names are based on adjectives that emphasize their characteristics, e.g. "Jokey Smurf", who likes to play practical jokes on his fellow smurfs, "Clumsy Smurf", who has a habit of creating havoc unintentionally, and "Smurfette"—the first female Smurf.


Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears is about Gummi Bears - a fictional group of bears who have a long and rich history, and are relatively unknown to the humans of the world who believe that they are legends and fairy tales. The Gummi-Glen Gummis (Gruffi, Zummi, Grammi, Tummi, Sunni, Cubbi, August) are a group of Gummis who live in a hollow tree known as Gummi Glen. They harvest the Gummiberries that grow wild around them in the forest, and produce a powerful juice known as Gummiberry Juice. They try to hide from humans as much as possible, with the exception of friends Cavin, a squire, and Princess Calla.

Tabaluga is animated cartoon series about Tabaluga, who is the last of the dragons and the crown-prince of Greenland, a magical place inhabited by talking animals of many different species. Tabaluga must defend his home from two rival kingdoms on either side of Greenland; a frigid arctic tundra, ruled by the evil snowman Arktos and a searing desert, ruled by an evil sand-spirit named Humsin.

Pokémon is a Japanese children's anime television series. It is based on the Pokémon video game series.The anime follows the quest of the main character, Ash Ketchum a Pokémon Master in training, as he and a small group of friends travel around the fictitious world of Pokémon along with their Pokémon partners. His first Pokémon is a Pikachu. Each Pokémon is one of the eighteen types, knows the attacks, which are used during the battle between trainers Pokémon has its own statistics and (attack, defense, speed, special attack, special defense). During the trip he will bring enemies (Team R, Team G, Team Magma, Team Aqua and team Plasma) and will fight many duels with local champions Pokémon to earn badges that will allow him to get to the major tournaments.

The Moomins is about family of white, roundish fairy tale characters with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses. The carefree and adventurous family live in their house in Moominvalley, though in the past, their temporary residences have included a lighthouse and a theatre. They have had many adventures along with their various friends.
My favorite character was Little My - little girl, who lives in the Moomin house and has a brave, spunky personality. She likes adventure, and often does mean things on purpose. She finds messiness and untidiness exciting and is very down to earth, when others aren’t.

The Adventures of Filemon the Cat was a Polish animated cartoon. The series was created by Marek Nejman. The two main characters are: Filemon, a little white kitten, young and naïve; and Bonifacy, an old, serious black tomcat. Other characters are: the Grandmother, the Grandfather, the Puppy, a fox, mice, 'monsters from the attic', and other creatures. The cartoon is rich in elements of Polish folk legends and traditions.


 Childhood cartoons presents ideal world. Taught children care, love, friendship, forgiveness. I believe that children should watch cartoons the same as we watched, because today's programs are too much vulgar.


Do you watched cartoons in childhood?
If yes, what were your favorites?
What according to you learn cartoons?

Source:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081933/
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Gummi_Bears
http://www.tabaluga-enterprises.de/

Comments

  1. I loved watching cartoons when I was a kid. If I had more time I would definitely watch some of them even now :) My favourites were Gummi bears and Tabaluga, I also liked Smurfs. I think that cartoons taught me many things about friendship, helping others and not giving up. It was very nice to recall some childhood memories with your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a lot of cartoons as a child and my favourite one was a Gummi bears, but even now I love and watch them with pleasure! It's because I don't like brutality and agression and cartoons don't contain any of this, so I can enjoy spending my time watching. Cartons toughtme that friends are most valuable in our lives, as they can help us to make our dreams come true and carry all our trubles

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a child I used to watch The Adventures of Filemon the Cat, Reksio, The Jetsons, Flintstones and few more. Cartoons taught me that It is always worthy to behave in appropriate way and even If our situation doesn't look good, It always a chance to make things better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of cartoons. When I was a child, I loved to watch Winnie the Pooh in Disney's adaptation. The characters of this cartoon taught me, that friendship and helping others people is very important. If I were to recommend any cartoon for your children, I would recommend Winnie the Pooh :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked as a child watch cartoons. My favorite animated films were Gummi bears, Tabaluga and Garfield. I often watched adaptations of brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales too. In my opinion adventures of cartoon characters show how to build a real friendship and what is the responsibility. Moreover watching cartoons give children a lot of fun. Now I also sometimes watch cartoons with my younger brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a child I was watching a lot of cartoons! My favourite were Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears and Tabaluga. I still love these title songs! I also remember Reksio, Bolek i Lolek and Krecik. It was really nice. And one of my favourite was Scooby Doo! I have watched all episodes.
    I think that today cartoons have too much aggression and brutality. These old one learn how to be honest, good, about friendships and life. I think that parents should show these old cartoons to their childreen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still love cartoons. I have younger brother so I have watch it with him up to now. My favourite are Adventures of the Gummi Bears and The Smurfs. In my opinion cartoons can teach children friendship and cooperation. Cartoons can show that everything is possible if you only want. However sometimes you must work hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved watching cartoons. I used to watch them almost every day, at 7 pm. My favorite was Gummy Bears, Tabaluga, Winnie the Pooh, but definitely the best one was The Moomins. I have a big fondness to this fairy tale. I used to listen an audio version with my brother when we were in our beds just before falling asleep, then when it appeared in TV I was very happy. I still appreciate this cartoon for its really expressive characters, esthetics, and interesting plot.
    I agree with your opinion, that this cartoons teach children about friendship, goodness, altruism, honesty and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just as everyone else in the comment section loved cartoons and still love them. Odd enough I never really watched any of the presented here. Well, it's understandable since I'm from a different country. But funny thing is, I remember watching "Bolek and Lolek" and maybe some cartoon from Czech Republic. Don't know if any of you watched them, they were pretty good in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a child I was watching cartoons, and now when I am adult I am watching too. I like spending my time with my sister and we watch cartoons together. My favourite was Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears. Cartoons show that world is good or bad and in life is very important to have geniune friends, who help you in every situations.

      Delete
  11. Of course I used to watch cartoons when I was a child. I loved watching Gummy Bears, The Smurfs, The Moomins... I think our cartoons taught us how to live and behave, how to build good relationships. In my opinion today's cartoons are far worse than our ones...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to watched cartoons when I was child too. It was obligatory, because I didn't have TV channels with cartoons and I could watch just bedtime story at 7 p.m. I loved The Smurfs and Tabaluga. I think that was very good cartoons, because showed clearly boundaries between good and evil. In today's cartoons is too much violence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to watching cartoons. I loved it. Almost I stopped it until 4 class primary school. It totally enroll me. My favorite was The Moomins and The Smurfs. They show me how to live in perfect world with no real problems and make me feel everyone's could like each other. It wasn't true of course but I fell comfortable until watching them. Now I think every kind of cartoons, even these old ones makes negative view of real. When children's growing up they feel disappointed ad real. Better choice is to read them books or spend this time on fresh air. I think it would be better for their psyche and health.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cartoons are great! When I was a little girl I loved spending my time watching this type of fairy tales. One of my favorites was, discussed in the presentation, Tabaluga. I liked the song of this cartoon, the problems have always been presented - theme fobra fight against evil. There was always a positive conclusion. Currently annoying is the fact that there is no this kind of fairy tales, and the only thing developers offer children a different kind of cartoon, which is dominated by violence and there is included the value of what is important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was a kid I loved watching cartoons, my favourite one was The Smurfs, I still remember that cheerful song from the beggining. I used to collect this cartoon on video tapes and watch it all over again. I also loved Disney stories like Cinderella, The beauty and the beast and Hercules. When I grew up to the age of 12 I used to watch tv chanel called Cartoon Network but when I think of it now I think these movies was not for children. Disney have tought me to be honest, loyal, and brave.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single-sex education

A little bit of history Single-sex education was traditional and dominating form of education till 19th century. Almost all schools and universities were single sex, which in almost all cases meant – men’s schools. This situation started to change because of two reasons: emancipation of women (fight for equality) and introduction of massive education. The first mixed-sex boarding school in UK was formed in 1818, it was Scottish Dollar Academy, and in 1878 the first university- University College London, allowed women  to enter on equal terms with men. What is interesting, the first Cambridge collage, which admit men and women was founded only on  1964. Pros and cons The topic of single-sex education is quite controversial. Like always there are pros and cons, some of them are quite irrational, other have a scientific background. The most popular arguments for single-sex education: 1. Boys and girls are learning in the different way, so they need different progr
THE MOST TRUSTED  PROFESSIONS Many people say that their job is important for our society, but is it a trustworthy profession? A market research institute asked people about trustworthy professions. Here you will find its results. The Top Five Most Trusted Professions 1. Firefighters A 2009 poll conducted by market research institute GfK found that firefighters ranked as the most trusted profession in Europe and the United States with 92 percent of respondents fining them trustworthy. Perhaps it’s all in the job description—being required to step into the face of danger every time you head out for an assignment is not just admirable, it’s downright heroic. 2. Teachers In the same GfK poll that lauded firefighters, teachers ranked second with 83 percent. It’s a good sign considering that the people responsible for crafting the minds of our children are deemed trustworthy. “I think every teacher recognizes that they are part of a trusted profession—that parents

Does money spoil people?

Does money spoil people? There is a saying that ‘money spoils people’, which means that people who become rich also start being rude and nasty. Is this true or not? I do not like categorize people, all stories are different. Probably everyone knows someone who is rich and nice person, and someone who is wealthy and horrible…What can determine behaviour of these people? copyright:http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/money.jpg 1 .     First of all how they got their money. Some people are rich because they won the lottery and some of them because they are genius who made a discovery of new, brilliant solution. There are also ones who are rich because they inherit all wealth from their ancestors… It is not a rule, but I think that people who work hard for everything what they have are more stable and realistic than ones, who don’t need to do anything because they got everything for free (without dedication or hard work). They won’t probably understand