Skip to main content

Most unusual professions

Probably we don’t even imagine how many bizarre professions exist around us. We know such jobs as lawyer, doctor, teacher, shop assistant which we meet in everyday life but there are also such ones which are really strange, unusual and unknown by people. In further part of my presentation I would like to present you some of them.

1.
Smeller (deodorant tester). This person job is to test new deodorants, usually on other people armpits. This job can be done mostly in companies which produce new kinds of deodorants and want to test them.





2. Brain extractor.
Brain extractor duty is to take out brain from skull of killed animals and prepare it for sending to the restaurants. He works in slaughter-houses where animals are delivered after their death.



3.

Ant catcher An ant catcher has to catch the biggest and strongest ants in the ant hills and bring them to the ant farms where scientists will study them and breed new strains.





4. Bed wormer. Easy, nice job which demands from you only to have warm body. So not to be decedent ;) The profession was thought up by Holiday Inn Hotels. Bed wormers get special one-use clothes not to dirty bed linen, lie down in a bed and wait until the guest want to go sleep. It is unknown if wormer can fell asleep during his time of work. If not, it can be the hardest part of this job;)


5.
Stand-in bridesmaid When a bride doesn’t have enough girlfriends she can count on a stand-in bridesmaid – an attractive lady at similar age to a bride who will line up behind the bride on her wedding. Weird job, but it gets more and more popular.







6.
Wrinkle straightener High class boutiques sometimes hire people, who straighten the wrinkles on the leather shoes after customers have tried them on. Strange job but on the other hand very useful because shoes look nicer and there is bigger chance that somebody will be interested in them and buy them.


7.
Chicken catcherIt’s a very responsible job as such person has to determine the gender of newly born chicken within 1 day as it will effect their nutrition. For sure such person must be patient and like animals;)



8.
Actor for haunted house Some actors perform on stage, some appear in movies, some makes us laugh and others – cry. But there are actors whose stage is a coffin or dark corner in a haunted house and their job is to make us scared. They wear ghastly makeup and never get any applause, but the payment is not so bad after all.






I hope that the professions I have written about , showed you that not only typical, well known jobs exist around us. Maybe one day you will have such 'strange', bizarre job?;) Would you like to have any of the jobs I have presented?


http://www.lowbudgetprosper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/deodorant-tester.jpg
http://www.lowbudgetprosper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/haunted-house-actor.jpg
http://www.lowbudgetprosper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/bridesmaid.bmp
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=opera&sa=N&rls=pl&channel=suggest&tbm=isch&tbnid=9j1_1D5yEkqk0M:&imgrefurl=http://thenewsafrica.com/2010/12/13/chicken-farming-income-guaranteed/&docid=YZ152tNCdp28mM&imgurl=http://thenewsafrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/chicken-farm.jpg&w=495&h=330&ei=hwZZT-m7Iq324QT0w6TKDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&dur=2376&sig=111825038835020240426&page=1&tbnh=126&tbnw=175&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0&tx=157&ty=83&vpx=168&vpy=349&hovh=183&hovw=275&biw=1366&bih=646

Comments

  1. If I could not to work in my learned profession probably I could be a bed wormer or stand-in bridesmaid, maybe
    wrinkle straightener. But the other professions are so disgusting (smeller...) or not on my nerves (brain extractor...), brr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stand in bridesmaid would be perfect for me as a student! No hard-working, just pleasure and free fun- wonderfull, I like having fun and wearing dresses so I could be good at it :) Personally I cant stand looking at first proffession you've mentioned - smeller... I like the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very interesting presentation! I like it!
    I can't belive that exists something like a smeller or chicken catcher! This is really hardcore for me. I couldn't work there and what is more I can't imagine it!
    Brain extractor, wrinkle straightener, bed wormer and ant catcher can be boring for me.
    Probably, (if I forced to choose) I would like to work like a stand - in bridesmaid or actor for hounted house, because I enjoy perform different theatrical roles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This presentation is very nice and interesting:). Many of us probably did not realize that jobs like that can existe. Personally i think that one of the nicest is Stand-in bridesmaid, it is very easy and well-paid work. For me the worst job is Smeller(deodorant tester) becosue it is very unsanitary to smell someone's armpit. Even if it is bizzare job the most important thing is that people who do it like to do it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how strange work some people performed. I've never heard of smeller (sounds awful) or chicken catcher. I think that very difficult and requires patience is the work of ant catcher. I prefer a bed wormer, because it would be a pleasure for me - I love to sleep or take a nap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice and interesting presentation, congratulations!!! I've never heard of such a profession as a smeller, it is very strange and ugly smelling someone's armpits. I admire people who undertake this kind of work, I think that perhaps their sense of smell is excellent, but I do not know if it's good for them. I would not also work with chickens, because these animals disgust me. I think Stand-in bridesmaid is a light and enjoyable work. As Joanna I love dresses, so these events would have been a nice experience. I only look good, smile, help the bride and get paid for it. I am too, great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest I never heard about any of these professions. And they are really unusual. Probably I can not imagine myself working as a brain extractor or chicken catcher, maybe like a stand-in bridesmain... But I really hope that life will protect me from such a profession. ;) Which doesn't mean that I have no respect for people who are working this way. Of course, I respect them. The famous Polish proverb said that no job is dishonor. And this is true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to tell that I have once heard about several of these professions, but I didn't take a closer look on them. We may laugh at smeller, but let's think what the world would be if every one would stink of cheap perfumes, which sometimes old ladies buy on the market. Blehh... I am happy that there is someone who tests smells.
    On the other hand, being a stand-in braidsmaid must be very popular in the USA, because only they can have such crazy ideas like this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing the presentation I thought that girls most will like to be stand-in bridesmaids and I didn't make a mistake;) I knew that you would not like to be a smeller, to be honest I agree with you- I also think that it is disgusting and I wouldn't like to smell other people armpits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This article is really interesting. I have never met with profession like smeller or bed wormer:D
    After this article I am sure that in the world exist professions which we can't imagine. Maybe a lot of them is in foreign culture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's probably the most interesting and funny article on this blog! Nice pictures and fresh style of writing - there are the main advantages of this text. My favourite job among presented above is wrinkle straightener, because of its usefulness and practicalness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single-sex education

A little bit of history Single-sex education was traditional and dominating form of education till 19th century. Almost all schools and universities were single sex, which in almost all cases meant – men’s schools. This situation started to change because of two reasons: emancipation of women (fight for equality) and introduction of massive education. The first mixed-sex boarding school in UK was formed in 1818, it was Scottish Dollar Academy, and in 1878 the first university- University College London, allowed women  to enter on equal terms with men. What is interesting, the first Cambridge collage, which admit men and women was founded only on  1964. Pros and cons The topic of single-sex education is quite controversial. Like always there are pros and cons, some of them are quite irrational, other have a scientific background. The most popular arguments for single-sex education: 1. Boys and girls are learning in the different way, so they need different progr
THE MOST TRUSTED  PROFESSIONS Many people say that their job is important for our society, but is it a trustworthy profession? A market research institute asked people about trustworthy professions. Here you will find its results. The Top Five Most Trusted Professions 1. Firefighters A 2009 poll conducted by market research institute GfK found that firefighters ranked as the most trusted profession in Europe and the United States with 92 percent of respondents fining them trustworthy. Perhaps it’s all in the job description—being required to step into the face of danger every time you head out for an assignment is not just admirable, it’s downright heroic. 2. Teachers In the same GfK poll that lauded firefighters, teachers ranked second with 83 percent. It’s a good sign considering that the people responsible for crafting the minds of our children are deemed trustworthy. “I think every teacher recognizes that they are part of a trusted profession—that parents

Does money spoil people?

Does money spoil people? There is a saying that ‘money spoils people’, which means that people who become rich also start being rude and nasty. Is this true or not? I do not like categorize people, all stories are different. Probably everyone knows someone who is rich and nice person, and someone who is wealthy and horrible…What can determine behaviour of these people? copyright:http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/money.jpg 1 .     First of all how they got their money. Some people are rich because they won the lottery and some of them because they are genius who made a discovery of new, brilliant solution. There are also ones who are rich because they inherit all wealth from their ancestors… It is not a rule, but I think that people who work hard for everything what they have are more stable and realistic than ones, who don’t need to do anything because they got everything for free (without dedication or hard work). They won’t probably understand